Training and Benefits
We look after our talented people. We provide comprehensive support for your professional development, as well as generous rewards for your contribution towards our ongoing success. All you have to do is grab the opportunity with both hands – and make the most of it.
There are a number of core skills that we will expect you to bring, such as numeracy, an analytical mind and consultancy skills, but we don’t expect you to be the finished article when you join us. A hunger to learn is vital in order to benefit from our policy of giving people early responsibility.
Our Development Programmes will fuel your passion for knowledge and improvement. All new joiners receive centralised training and networking opportunities. These will help you develop your understanding of all our businesses and improve your general business acumen, equipping you with the professional skills you will need to be successful.
We’ll do all we can to help you to succeed. Your technical and on-the-job training will take place in the individual Streams and be supported locally. We also appreciate that gaining qualifications isn’t easy. That’s why we offer comprehensive training support to people in our Graduate Programme who are studying for professional exams including professional study and revision sessions and study days. There are also financial bonuses for passing exams.
We’re committed to your ongoing development. That’s why we fully support professional study and qualifications. Most areas of our business will require you to study as part of your development programme but some qualifications are optional.
Our market-leading study packages include fully funded professional qualifications, tutorial support, study materials and study leave, as well as ongoing support and guidance from management, colleagues and the Leadership Development team. Your studying and commitment will also be rewarded with bonuses for passing exams, salary increases and career progression.
Opportunities to continue professional studies at Aon goes above and beyond the Graduate Programme. Aon is committed to providing learning and development opportunities for all employees. Learning Sponsorship is designed for those who want to achieve a business related professional/managerial qualification relevant to their role, with support and funding provided for a wide range of qualifications throughout your career with the firm.
Professional qualifications commonly studied by our Graduates include, but are not exclusive to:
- Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Chartered Insurance Institute
- Investment Management Certificate (IMC)
We recognise studying while learning a new role can be difficult – and we expect you to progress quickly. So for many of our positions, our study packages are generous, both in terms of study leave and exam bonuses, to ensure your success.
As a market leader in all our businesses, we are able to offer our graduates a highly attractive rewards package. In addition to a competitive salary and outstanding development prospects you will benefit from:
- Aon’s agile working policy which provides all new joiners with a company laptop and mobile phone
- Membership of our pension and life assurance schemes
- Access to private healthcare
- Group personal accident cover
- Employee assistance in the form of confidential, impartial advice to help you deal with everyday issues including legal and consumer advice
- Access to flexible benefits which allows you to choose the benefits that are important to you, including:
- Travel and dental insurance
- Cycle to work policy
- Health protection
- Discounted gym membership
- The opportunity to buy or sell holiday days
- Aon extras: a discount and lifestyle management service
- Health checks and health assessment programme
- Give as you earn scheme
- Season ticket loans